Monday, July 11, 2011

'Roid Week 2011

Polaroid Week kicked off today, and I'm so excited to be a part of it. I missed out last year because I was busy preparing to get married.

Here are my entries from today:

Tree growing in Quail Lake


Kanarra Falls hike
I chose these two for today because of their similarities and contrast. They are both photos of fresh water, both photographed in southern Utah, and both taken using Polaroids, but that is about where the similarities end.
The first image was taken on my SX70 using new PX680 film from The Impossible Project and the tones went all warm and yellow. On the other hand, the second image was taken using my 350 Land Camera using expired Polaroid ID-UV film and the colors most definitely shifted to cooler tones. So I ended up with a warm square and a cool rectangle of water in the desert.

No comments:

Post a Comment