Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Sun lit

This past weekend Jon and I went wandering around the banks of  the Virgin River at the outskirts of the Virgin River Gorge Campground in northern Arizona. We went with the express purposes of gathering river-worn wood, photographing the beauty, and wearing out our dog. We accomplished all of our goals.

For the first two photographs I waded out into the river to get the shots I wanted. The current was swift and kept pulling the sand out from under my feet, but the excitement was well worth it. I mean, just look at those tones. My previous experiences with ID-UV film tended to shift to aqua tones, but these turned lovely cool blues and violets.



I love the reflections and light in this one.



Check out the moon. How cool is that?


It was a serene day. We walked around, dipped our feet into the river, listened to the rush and roar of the river, and saw standing waves build into white caps and then collapse on themselves. We watched as the red desert around us shifted into cool tones and experienced the drop in temperature as night came on. It was a good day.
These photos were taken using a Polaroid 350 land camera. Film: expired ID-UV film (05/2007).

No comments:

Post a Comment